Nuclear cooling tower in the morning fog, Satsop Development Park, Satsop, Washington.
WNP-3 and WNP-5 (also known as the Satsop Nuclear Power Plant) were two of the five nuclear power plants on which construction was started by the Washington Public Power Supply System in 1977. Construction of the project was halted in 1983 after a large budget shortfall, leaving the plant 76% complete. The plant was maintained, ready for construction to be resumed, until 1994, when it was finally canceled and never put into operation. The reactors were planned to be pressurized water reactors. WNP-3 and WNP-5 are located on 1600 acres on the Satsop Site near Elma in Grays Harbor County, Washington. Today the site hosts the Satsop Development Park.